Project Accountant | Somerset West │ R25 000 – R35 000 | EE Candidate
Project Accountant | EE Candidate
Somerset West │ R25 000 – R35 000
Our client is an agri-business that specialises in the growing, packing and marketing of apples and pears to retailers, traders, and wholesalers around the globe.
They are looking for a self-motivated, Excel proficient Project Accountant who enjoys diverse projects but will also be responsible for assisting the payroll department. This position reports to the Payroll and Risk Manager and is based at their offices in Somerset West, Western Cape.
Accounting & Risk Management:
- Assist the Finance department with Ad-hoc projects.
- Document risks via the risk register.
- Communicate risks to the relevant parties.
- Coordination of the annual insurance renewal process.
- Update of insurance claims register and monitoring thereof for follow up with the insurer.
- Coordination of information for tax incentives.
- Perform relevant checks for pay run and General Ledger accounts.
- Monitor bi-weekly and monthly payroll and HR reports and ensure accuracy and relevancy to business needs.
- Monitor and Audit salary and wage payment data, investigate discrepancies and ensure payroll practices comply with company policies and payroll regulations.
- Calculate packages and assist with implementation of salary increases in payroll.
- Compile the quarterly review of annual salary budget, investigate discrepancies, and provide accurate salary information to relevant stakeholders.
- Provide relevant data to external auditors for year-end audit and supply relevant evidence of payroll calculations.
- Recon payments to third parties.
- Provide technical support and rectify identified errors relating to the payroll system.
- Assist with the processes for UIF declarations.
- Ensure accuracy of Equity reporting.
- Manage the B-BBEE verification process.
- Matric with Accounting Degree (additional qualification after degree will be advantageous).
- SAIPA/SAICA articles or 5 years’ experience in a similar role.
- Advanced knowledge of accounting principles.
- Sage 300 People or other similar payroll package exposure.
- Advanced Excel skills.
- Willingness to learn and take on new tasks.
Our client offers a salary of R25 000 – R35 000 depending on qualification and experience.
Applicants who feel they fit the above profile and meet ALL the minimum requirements are urged to apply for this position.
Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.