Financial Manager | Somerset West │ R55 000 – R65 000
Somerset West │ R55 000 – R65 000
Our client in the manufacturing industry is looking for a Financial Manager to site-based Lead Team. Operational and tactical financial leadership is a must. The successful candidate will report to the Site Operations Manager.
MAIN RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE:
- Manage the weekly cash-up forecasting models against plan driving corrective action with business unit management.
- Manage and co-ordinate cost saving initiatives for business unit by optimising finance efficiencies at the unit.
- Manage the Command-and-Control Philosophy for the financial indicators of the business unit (variable inputs, logistics, supply chain, fixed costs).
- Ensuring the financial compliance of the business meets the standards as outlined per standardised Group operating procedures and work instructions.
- Driving the roll out of standardisation at business unit and managing the standard day of direct reports
- Optimise resources – Staff, IT, and systems
- Working capital management:
- Debtors: managing of applicable rebates, discounts, and overdues
- Creditors: Ensuring all liabilities are recorded, all compliance linked to the operational aspects of order origination, POD’s, receipting, and cost recording is managed in line with SOPs and work instructions.
- Stock: manage optimal stock holdings for paper, finished goods and engineering spares holding
- Manage the business unit’s payroll costs with oversight of overtime planned and incurred.
- Driving return on capital employed (ROCE).
- Project management, Capex review, EVA modelling.
- Coordinate periodic internal audit with Group function.
- Manage site annual budget process.
- Manage site annual external audit process.
- Completion of and on-time submission of monthly management reporting pack.
- Reporting of analysis of key drivers (waste, GP, rebates, and all variable & fixed inputs).
- Paper usage balancing.
- Compilation and review of compliance / variances to plan of weekly financial KPIs with command-and-control leads.
- Management of site finance team with dotted lines to functions performed centrally by Shared Services.
KEY COMPETENCIES / SKILLS
- Need an influencer with sound problem solving skills.
- High energy, tenacity and resilience required.
- Ability to reduce admin burden focusing on output.
- Ability to manage multiple priorities.
- Decision maker – work hand in hand with Operations Manager and Supply Chain Manager to control and run the plant.
- Project management skills
REQUIRED MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS / EXPERIENCE
- 3-year BCom Degree with post graduate CIMA preferred.
- 5 + Years’ experience of which at least 2 years in a finance leadership role.
- Manufacturing and product costing experience essential.
Our client offers a salary of R55 000 – R65 000 depending on qualification and experience.
Applicants who feel they fit the above profile and meet ALL the minimum requirements are urged to apply for this position.
Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.